Here Are A Few Things To Remember During The Years Of Retainer Wear.
- You are instructed to wear your retainer full time which means 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. When appropriate, you will be instructed to wear it at night only.
- Don't fold it in your napkin or leave it on the table at a restaurant. Garbage cans don't make happy hunting grounds.
- Don't put your retainer in your pocket. You might sit on it and break it. OUCH!
- Take your retainer out when swimming. If it falls out you may not be able to find it.
- Animals and younger children love to play with it. Please make sure your retainer is in your mouth at all times. Your retainer should only be out of your mouth when brushing or eating.
- Your lower retainer may be a fixed retainer bonded onto your teeth. It is not considered permanent and can be broken or detached from your teeth, if you are not careful with it. Please call our office if your fixed retainer seems loose or broken.
- Bring your retainers to your check-up appointment. If anything happens to your retainers (i.e. it doesn't fit, it's broken, or it's lost) please call us ASAP.
- There may be an additional fee for the repair or replacement of your retainer.
- Keep things clean! Be sure to brush your teeth without your retainers in. Do not boil your retainer or put it in hot water. Brush your retainer with a toothbrush using mouth wash or water.